May 17, 2018: Article in the Memorial University Gazette highlighting Rachel Wigle’s research.
November 26, 2014: Article on Memorial University “Face Forward” campagin
September 8, 2014: Article profiling work by LESA Lab Aluma Megan Lafferty, who now works for Nature Conservancy Canada’s St. John’s office in the St. John’s Telegram.
August 7, 2014: Article in the Lewisporte Pilot about the new Fogo Island Citizen Science project.
Winter 2014: PhD student Roman Lukyanenko profiled in the Research Matters magazine.
November 5, 2013: Article in the “Life” Section of the St. John’s Telegram about NLNature.
October 17, 2013: Academic Top 10 story on Academica group (scroll down to story #5)
October 4, 2013: Press release in the Telegram about a sighting on NLNature.com
June 11, 2013: Radio interview on CBC Coner Brook with Roman Lukyanenko on NLNature.com. Listen by clicking here
“Brookes on Brooks“. Parks Canada YouTube video (the park staff did an AWESOME job on it!) on stream connectivity project
Collaborative Project with History/Geography Highlighted on today.mun
Article on my SFMN Project from “The Gazette”
Press release from the Sustainable Forest Management Network
Article on Allysia Park’s research from “The Western Star” (Corner Brook)
Article on Tony McCue’s research from “The Western Star” (Corner Brook)
Online video profiling the SFMN Project (Canadian Council of Forest Minister’s Website on Sustainable Forest Management in Canada)
Other media events (sorry no links!)
- July 15, 2014: Radio interview on CBC St. John’s morning show to discuss NLNature.com
- October 7, 2013: Radio interviews on CBC St. John’s morning show and CBC Central Morning show to discuss recent new mosquito sighting posted on NLNature.com
- April 28, 2011: TV appearance on “Out of the Fog” to discuss coyotes in the city
- August 15, 2013: TV appearance on NTV News to discuss NLNature.com project
- April 26, 2011: TV interview on NTV evening news, St. John’s to discuss coyotes in the city
- April 26, 2011: Radio interview on VOCM, St. John’s to discuss coyotes in the city
- August 19, 2010: Radio interview on CBC Gander/Grand Falls to discuss coyote research
- March 3, 2010: TV appearance on “Out of the Fog” to discuss the NL Geoweb project
- March 3, 2010: Radio interview of CBC Gander/Grand Falls to discuss NL Geoweb project
Newspaper articles highlighting research in my lab
“Riding the right trails” Andrew Robinson, The Telegram, July 8, 2011 (article featuring Nyssa Trip’s research)
“Real world connections” Laura Button, The Packet (Glovertown), July 7, 2011 (article featuring an interview with Shad Mahlum, and highlighting our collaborative work on aquatic connectivity with colleagues in Terra Nova National Park)
“Going with the flow: park research encourages road builders to think of the fish” Barbara Dean-Simmons, The Packet (Glovertown), June 9, 2008, pg. 4 (article on Christina Bourne’s research)
Press related to WERAC (Wilderness and Ecological Reserves Advisory Council), of which I am co-chair
Article in “The Labradorian”
Results from the GEOWEB Project NewsBlitz
Article in the “Gazette”
Article in “the Telegram” (St. John’s)
Note in “University Affairs” (scroll to the bottom)
Interview on CBC CornerBrook