Summer Field Technician Position
We currently have one position available for a summer field technician. The position will be assisting a graduate student collect data on lichens in forested wetlands. The candidate must be willing to travel to various locations in Newfoundland, with the potential for overnight stays. We are looking for a hard working individual who is detail oriented, willing to work flexible days, physically fit (as the work will be demanding), familiar with Newfoundland lichens and/or keen to learn, and willing to work in forest and wetland environments over the summer. This is a great opportunity to gain field experience.
- Assist in field work preparation
- Assist in conducting summer field work with duties such as lichen identification, forest characteristic measurements, recording observations
- Data entry
- Must have related experience working in forests, either through professional or recreational experience or course work
- Hard working, detail oriented, ability to work independently and in a group
- Must have a valid Newfoundland and Labrador driver’s licence or equivalent
- Salary will be full time at standard Memorial hourly RA rates (total summer salary approx. $8000)
- The work contract will be from approximately June 1 to September 4, 2017
- The closing date of this posting is February 10, 2017
Please send cover letter and CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of day on Friday February 10th.